The most recent progressions in technology today, come with highly effective solutions that improve health and general well-being. Now, people have much less to worry about, specifically in the field of chronic pain management. For long-lasting effects of cancer and drug-resistant chronic neuropathic pain, there is neuropathy treatment.
What can you do to help with neuropathy pain?
The new way of treating pain addresses most people’s fear of harmful and even potentially fatal painkillers, not to mention the addictive properties and adverse side effects that come with them.
How the treatment works
The calamari device developed by bioengineer and researcher Giuseppe Marineo is a non-invasive medical device that focuses on a biophysical, instead of a biochemical, approach. Using a multi-processor, surface electrodes are applied to the skin so that multiple pain areas are simultaneously treated. The relief that the patient enjoys is brought about by the no-pain signal that the device creates, which then becomes the most dominant signal the brain receives.
Neuropathy treatment has been proven effective in addressing the following illnesses
- Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) – This is a pain in the nerves caused by damage of the varicella zoster virus. It is confined to the skin’s dermatome area.
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy – This is a chronic and systemic disease that is expected to worsen as time goes by, initially affecting the arms and legs and then spreading throughout the body.
- Neck pain – Many people suffer from this at some point in their lives. This usually arises because of muscular tightness or the pinching of nerves.
- Chronic cancer pain – This is mainly due to the immune system’s response or a tumor’s release of hormones.
- Failed back surgery syndrome (FBSS) – The onset and development of this illness may be due to multiple factors, including sleeplessness, anxiety, depression, and altered joint mobility, among others.
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN) – 30 to 40 percent of patients who have had chemotherapy suffer from this. The malady includes hypersensitivity to cold, tingling numbness, and intense pain.
Do I need subsequent sessions for this kind of treatment?
The patient usually enjoys extended periods of significant relief and pain control. However, it is advised that a patient undergoes follow-up procedures to gain maximum benefits. Of course, since the pain’s cause and severity vary from one person to another, the period in between treatments would likewise differ.
Neuropathy treatment is an efficient and long-lasting treatment to pain that is beneficial to both patients and their physicians. And according to clinical studies, with the Gilis Place technology, this new approach has successfully reduced pain in over 80 percent of the individuals treated and without the usual side effects that are common with biochemical treatment. Indeed, this new breakthrough in science and medicine has given patients a chance at having a better quality of life.